Viimased uudised:

History of Tudulinna

Important dates throughout the centuries:


1583 – First known written mention of “Tutinlinna”

1688 – Arable land audit – The first surviving list of Tudulinna residents (their relationship to later local families has not been proven)

1716 – Inquisition and Annotation Protocol, which lists several Tudulinna families – the ancestors of the oldest families

1736 – First written mention of Tudulinna sexton (Pitkete Karel)

1766 – Construction of the first church on Linnamäe

1802 – 1804 – Construction of Tudulinna Manor

1808 – Construction of the Moravian Church’s Prayer House, probably the oldest preserved building in Tudulinna

1835 – Tudulinna’s farmers receive surnames

1845 – First written reports about Tudulinna School

1860-1864 – Extensive church reconstruction, including the addition of the tower

1866 – Creation of Tudulinna municipality

1867 – Tudulinna is transferred from Viru-Jakobi Parish to Iisaku Parish

1874 – First schoolhouse is completed (the wooden building where the current school is situated)

1885-1913 – Purchasing of farms

1892 – Song and Game Society is founded (Laulu ja Mängu Selts)

1898 – Construction of the Social House (extension as part of the hall added in 1913); the house burned down in 1957

1900 – In a fire, the wooden mansion of Tudulinna Manor is destroyed. It is never restored.

1903-1904 – The schoolhouse receives its first stone floor (the second floor was constructed in1932-1933, and the third floor added in 1960)

1923 – Opening of a memorial to the victims of the War of Independence in Tudulinna cemetery (blown up in 1940)

1923 – Voldemar Kuljus becomes the pastor of Iisaku and Tudulinna; after a while the religious quarrel begins

1926 – A pharmacy is built in the middle of the village (where the current community centre is situated); the pharmacy burned down in 1944

1930 – Construction of the Peressaare settlement on the outskirts of Oonurme begins.

1930-1931 – Newspaper “Tudulinna Hääl” (eng – Tudulinna’s Voice) published

1937 – Rannapungerja lighthouse was built

1939 – Construction of the Church of Peace, renovation of the old church

1941 – Twenty-one members of the municipality of Tudulinna are deported by Soviet authorities

1947 – Last service in the Old Church; the two churches were united

1947-1950 – Construction of a hydroelectric power station on the Roostoja River at the Särjetõkke rapids (closed in 1960)

1949 – Soviet authorities deport 129 of Tudulinna’s inhabitants

1950 – The municipality became a village council

1954-1963 – Tudulinna High School was functional

1959 – A new Culture House was completed

1969 – Singing grounds were built behind Linnamäe

1990 – The memorial to the victims of the War of Independence was restored

1991 – The village council was restored to municipality status

1999 – Tudulinna hydroelectric power station was reopened

2013 – Järuska Bridge, Estonia’s first covered bridge, opened in Lemmiku

2017 – NPO Tudulinna Kultuurikants was founded; the Tudulinna rural municipality merged with neighbouring municipalities due to administrative reform, forming the largest municipality on the Estonian mainland: the Alutaguse rural municipality

2019 – Tudulinna’s school closed.